1. Verify that all parts are present.
2. Remove the fork and caster.
3. Slide the spring unto the locking pin and slide both into the locking pin hole on the leg.
4. Push the locking pin through the hole to expose the hole in the pin. The roll pin is tapered. Slide the small end into the hole on the locking pin.
5. Tap or squeeze the roll pin in as far as it will go.
6. Tighten the pull knob onto the locking pin.
7. Install the caster and fork back on the leg. Tighten to the point that the caster and fork just swings freely.