1. Align the arrow on the tiller with the arrow on the unit.
2. Push up on the thumb slide release.
3. Pull the release lever away from the tiller.
4. Continue pulling down the release lever until the locking nut is disengaged from the top half or the tiller.
5. Fold down the top half of the tiller. The top half of the tiller will fold down at an angle to the base of the unit. The top of an Allen bolt will be exposed.
6. Using a 6mm Allen wrench, tighten up this bolt.
7. Tilt the tiller back to the vertical position. Verify that the nut is in place on the top of upper tiller column. Pull up on the column release lever to lock the tiller column in place.