1. Verify the free wheel lever is in the engaged position.
2. Verify that when the throttle is engaged there is a click sound coming from the brake.
3. If no click is heard the brake will have to be tested. Disconnect the motor-
4. If a click is heard, disconnect the motor-
5. Push on the brake plate to determine if it will move. If the brake plate freely moves, replace the brake.
6. If the brake plate does not move, then the six sided brake coupler is loose on the upper motor shaft.
7. The brake coupler has two set screws in it.
8. Align one of the set screws perpendicular with the flat edge of the motor shaft. Tighten both set screws.
9. Install the brake back on to the motor.