1. Remove the two screws that hold the brake lever in place.
2. Push out the two column nuts.
3. Align the slot in the adjustment nut and the adjustment collar on the hand brake.
4. Pull the cable with the adjustment nut away from the body of the handle. Remove the adjustment nut from the cable when the adjustment nut is clear of the handle.
5. Pull the handle from the body of the frame of brake handle. The brake cable will slide through the body of the brake handle frame.
6. Remove the cable from the handle. Reverse this procedure to install the new cable.