1. Remove the seat plate from the seat. Using a 17 mm wrench remove the first nut on the seat lever release mechanism.
2. Using a 17 mm wrench remove the second nut on the seat lever release mechanism.
3. Remove the washer so that nothing is on the threaded end of the seat release lever.
4. Using a heat gun, heat the area around the Allen set screw to make it easier to remove the set screw. Using a 4 mm Allen wrench loosen the Allen set screw on the seat locking latch far enough so that the seat release lever can turn around. Do not completely remove the set screw.
5. Start to twist and remove the seat release lever and using a rod that is no more than 10 mm in diameter and at least 10 cm long, sliding the rod behind the seat release lever as it is removed. The use of the rod prevents the seat locking latch from popping out of its housing and makes the installation of the seat release lever on the other side easier.
6. Slide the seat release lever through the other side of the seat locking latch, pushing the rod out.
7. Tighten the set screw on to the seat release lever, making sure the set screw engages the flat spot on the seat release lever.
8. Slide the washer onto the threaded end of the seat release lever.
9. Install one of the nuts onto the threaded end of the seat release lever and tighten just to the point the seat release lever still is able to turn.
10. Install the second nut and tighten to the point it just touches the first nut.
11. Using 2 wrenches tighten the first nut against the second nut. If the release lever does not move freely repeat steps 8 through 10. Install the seat plate to the seat.